Buying, Selling, and Improving Businesses
First Principle is a professional services firm, providing M&A advisory, business brokering, business valuations, and strategy consulting to small businesses, middle market companies, and business units of major corporations. Our Santa Barbara office is full-service, working with businesses, non-profits, and government agencies throughout Santa Barbara, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo counties as well as the greater Los Angeles area. Our Austin, TX office provides business valuations and strategy consulting for High Techs and Start-Ups in Central Texas. We have served companies across all industries.
We help clients develop and execute effective strategies. Whether you are buying, building, or selling a business, our analytic, fact-driven approach will help you achieve peak performance.
Our Brand Promise
We are a client-centered firm. You can count on us to always deliver service, capabilities, and results.
- Active Partnership. We work jointly with clients to identify and address their core needs. Our firm prides itself on being responsive.
- Objective Fiduciary. We adhere to the highest professional standards, always placing our client’s interests first. You can count on us for an independent point of view and candid advice.
- Skilled Professionals. Our partners have experience providing consulting and financial services to Fortune 500 companies. We leverage Wall Street experience and know-how for clients on Main Street.
- Analytic Rigor. Our approach to business blends and balances time tested strategic frameworks with cutting-edge quantitative methods and hard evidence.
- Practical & Measurable. Our success hinges on yours. We deliver feasible implementation plans and follow-up support. Our ‘systems approach’ provides clear benchmarks and milestones to track performance.
- Exceptional Value. We practice what we preach. We use industry best practices to reduce our costs, passing the savings on to our clients.
First Principle was founded in 2001 and formally incorporated in 2010. Originally serving clients in Southern California, the firm expanded to Central Texas in 2010 and formed a California-based business brokering practice in 2011. Business Brokering was further expanded through a strategic alliance and partnership with Central Coast Business Brokers in 2012. In an effort to consolidate business lines and focus on core businesses (M&A Advisory and Business Valuations), First Principle spun off its operational consulting practice into TouchPoint Business Solutions, LLC.